• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading of fonts question

Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are downloaded fonts from ScrapNFont.com supposed to automatically be included in Adobe's font library, one purchased?

MFJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Trains1985 wrote:

How do you get to the operating system's archives, where Adobe fonts' would live on your computer? I am using a PC. I can navigate to where the download's are but I don't know how to link them to my applications.

MFJ

I've been a Mac guy for my entire computer-using life (with the exception of a few years of Commodore 64…yes, I'm old…), so I can't advise you on using fonts in Windows, but if you Google Windows Font Installation, you will get everything you need. It will likely invo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts need to be installed to be accessible to InDesign or any other application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can that be achieved by an Adobe user, other than Adobe itself?

MFJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know how to install a font in the operating system that your computer uses (Mac OS, Windows, etc.), then install the fonts to the appropriate font folder and they will be available to you in InDesign. Another option is to install in the Fonts folder that is inside the InDesign application folder, but they will only be available to you when you are in InDesign (not, for example, if you are in Word, Photoshop, etc.). If you don't know how to use fonts in your OS, there are instructions you can find with a Google search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get to the operating system's archives, where Adobe fonts' would live on your computer? I am using a PC. I can navigate to where the download's are but I don't know how to link them to my applications.

MFJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've no idea what you mean by "operating system archive", nobody mentioned anything like that.

Is the problem simply that you don't know how to install a font into Windows once you've downloaded it? If so, what type of file are they? Look at the name. It might end OTF, TTF, PSB, FON or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trains1985 wrote:

MFJ

I've been a Mac guy for my entire computer-using life (with the exception of a few years of Commodore 64…yes, I'm old…), so I can't advise you on using fonts in Windows, but if you Google Windows Font Installation, you will get everything you need. It will likely involve un-compressing the fonts (if they are zipped, stuffed, or whatever the kids are calling it these days), and moving them to a folder that has a name that probably has some variation of Fonts in the folder's name. Mac OS has several of these folders, which give access to the fonts to either everyone, just the user who is logged in at the moment (if your computer is shared by you and others), or just a single application—and I imagine Windows will have something similar. If you can find videos on font installation, all the better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even simpler. If they are zipped, unzip them.

Find the uncompressed files, right click and choose install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines