• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign ME switches text to RTL when copy&paste to a new document

Participant ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I wonder if it’s possible to force LTR settings where copying & pasting to new document, here’s the scenario:

I am using InDesign with Middle East capabilities, create a blank document:

- Flow in Word Document,

- Styling with Character and Paragraph Styles,

- Opening New Document (Template)

- Pasting all the content to the Template

And here’s where Clear Overrides function needs to be used, since the text gets overrides: Right To Left text direction

Seems like changing Paragraph Composer in the InDesign Preferences doesn’t work, also setting the defaults for new documents doesn’t work either.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be aware that the styles are not based on a paragraph style which exists by name in the new document with a different setting as this would make the pasted style a child of that one and replace the root settings from the copied document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly enough, the Templates are created in Non-ME version of InDesign, there are no styles (Character, Paragraph, Object etc) in the Templates I am working with, hence there is no Style Mapping/Merging going on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is always a basic style and a hidden default style since many versions. Often styles are based on these styles, the default settings of that versions. These default settings are different in MENA and Western versions. Look in the composer settings, they are different. Maybe that you have applied a character style which influences the direction and don't forget object styles, they have also an influence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines