• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bought new MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a brand new MacBook Pro and downloaded from Adobe LR onto my new computer.  However, I keep all my photos and the Lightroom catalog on an external hard drive that I use to edit the photos.  Given that the old hard drive is not compatible with  Thunderbolt on the new computer, I used carbon copy and made identical info on the new compatible hard drive.  However, when I open the new hard drive with the newly installed LR, none of the presets were there.  Should I have done something different?  If I were to download all my presets to LR, do I do it on the LR on the computer or on the hard drive?  Now I understand why they recommend backing up the presets. Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Hi bonsier,

Was you saving your presets within the Lightroom catalog, if not then you need to copy the preset from the old machine to new machine.

Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\[preset or template folder]\[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]

Mac: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/[preset or template folder]/[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]

Refer: Where to find preference files for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5

Note: Move the pres

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi bonsier,

Was you saving your presets within the Lightroom catalog, if not then you need to copy the preset from the old machine to new machine.

Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\[preset or template folder]\[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]

Mac: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/[preset or template folder]/[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]

Refer: Where to find preference files for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5

Note: Move the presets to the same location as it was in the old machine, so that the Lightroom can see all the presets and show you all of them once you open it.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines