• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects crashes on preview [Surface Book]

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just picked up a Surface Book and am testing to see if it can run Adobe After Effects. (Core i7 / 1TB SSD / 2016 model (not the Performance Base) Everything is up to date with the latest drivers and Windows/Adobe programs.

2017 crashes pretty regularly, but always during preview. I installed 2015 and 2014. I tried new projects, old projects that I know are just fine on my desktop. I do a lot of chroma work. Keylight barely loads and if it does it crashes. 2014 will at least start to build a RAM preview before crashing. Turning Keylight off still crashes.

I get this error a lot:

Adobe Effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was: <6696> <prefetch> <5> RequestPrefetchedFrame frame not in async list!

Is the Surface Book just not compatible with Adobe? Is Adobe not compatible with the Surface Book?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really hard to say without details of your workflow, your versions of AE, the kind of source material you are using, and any other things that may be going on. Just had a user that had AE crashing all the time and it turned out to be his anti-virus (more common than you think).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE Version is literally all of them. 2014, 2015, 2017. I also tried them at various stages and versions. Ie, 14.01, 14.1 etc. The behavior didn't change.

It's a fresh Windows 10 install on what is supposedly a top of the line creative laptop with the 6th gen Core i7 and 16gb of RAM. dGPU. It has the specs to run this just fine. And...to a certain extent it does. It's faster than my desktop at rendering a single frame preview by a long shot. It just cannot preview or render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I've tried enabling and disabling the dGPU which does nothing either (not that I expect it to as After Effects doesn't really use a GPU for anything.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you contacted Adobe support? They may be your best bet. AE should work on a Surface Book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iwishiwereadinosaur,

Definitely, contact support if you have not already done so. They should be able to assist. Please let us know the results.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on this?  I am having the same issue on my Surface Book with power base.  16 gb ram.  My After Effects is crashing when previewing and scrubbing. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If none of the suggestions in this thread helped you, please contact Adobe support.

Note: when you first go to adobe.com/support, and it asks you what you need support with, DON'T click on After Effects right away. First, click on Creative Cloud and THEN, on the next page, you can choose AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines