• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing all the psd layers but keeping the same names: what will happen to AE file?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning everyone. I couldn´t sleep last night because of the pressure of this project. Basically the client asked me to do a stop-motion animation based on a psd file with the "wrong" pictures because the final one are not ready. The layers are around 50 on the psd.
I´ve attached a screenshot where you can see what they are going to change: Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 09.28.31.png
not the content, not the mask, but the original picture that are linked to the masks - keeping the same name (guaranteed).
My question is: what will happen to my animation on AE? Will it automatically upload the images? If not, what´s the best way to re-link them?
Or should I just do all the animation again uploading, copying the keyframe from the old one, using the new psd?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017
what will happen to my animation on AE? Will it automatically upload the images?

since version CC (2013), Ae automatically scans the source files for changes. if you change the content of a source file - for example a multi-layerd psd file, Ae will automatically reload each layer. a linking setup like you got there is a good idea to make sure there is a complete match. if indeed the previous and the new images are the same and you make no change of the pixel masks or other pixel deformations - th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
what will happen to my animation on AE? Will it automatically upload the images?

since version CC (2013), Ae automatically scans the source files for changes. if you change the content of a source file - for example a multi-layerd psd file, Ae will automatically reload each layer. a linking setup like you got there is a good idea to make sure there is a complete match. if indeed the previous and the new images are the same and you make no change of the pixel masks or other pixel deformations - there should be a clean transition to the new files in Ae.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines