Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS3 licensing has stopped working

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 12.10.33 AM.png

I no longer have my installers and need support personel to assist me. Being passed of on to a forum full of pages that don't apply to my situation is extremely frustrating. I have contacted customer support and am very dissatisfied with the support methods Adobe has engineered. Adobe products are great but I have been going around in circles with this issue for hours, trying to find some resolve with no hope in sight. Perhaps this error message could have provided a link to some useful customer service department. Instead, users like myself search for hours only to find this insanely cumbersome method of resolve. Even locating the community Im supposed to post this to is a nightmare.

I am on OSX 10.9.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Ok I found this Adobe page which still (for now) has CS3 downloads including Mac Photoshop so that's a start:

Download CS3 products

Now, if you registered Adobe should have a record of your serial number - info on that page. Remember you need to use the Adobe ID in use AT THAT TIME.

If it's not there but you think you did register one more thing to try; ask Adobe again if they can look up your CS3 Photoshop serial number; just that. If you include any other request, comment or criticism you just

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nicholass,

Please refer the below troubleshooting guide related to this issue.

Error: "Licensing has stopped working" | Mac OS

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not help me. Can you provide the specific solution? I have read this whole page already. It does not address my OS or issue at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a link to download the installers and help locating my license code. This forum does not address that solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no useful customer service department for you. Adobe support their products for 5 years from release. Cs3,4,5 and CS6 are all now out of support. And Never get rid of your installers!!! Many are still available for download but they probably won't be for long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are also not on an OS that was ever supported for Cs3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very aware that there is no useful customer service department, this entire experience has made that very clear… I also know not to get rid of them! These types of comments are not helpful and extremely unprofessional. You could have just given me a link to the installers instead of making comments such as these.

1. Please provide a link to the installer.

2. Assist with the retrieval of my license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not answering you as a professional. As you know, this is a community forum. We help if we can. "Helping" can include explaining when expectations are not supported by reality. Someone might be able to provide a link if you will say which of the many CS3 product suites you owned, or if it was just Photoshop CS3. Nobody can help you retrieve license info except Adobe. If you've lost your serial number you have probably lost the use of your product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please excuse my frustration as this experience has left me with much anger. I did not know that you were not employed with Adobe and apologize for my tone and demands. My drive with installers and license codes has been stolen along with many other items of equipment from my storage unit. I should not be taking out my grief on anyone but my experience in dealing with Adobe support on this matter is subpar service in my opinion. Getting to this answer has been entirely too cumbersome.

Makes sense now though. Why would they help me with a product I already own? I could just be forced to subscribe to their CC service for over $100 a year due to complete lack of support. No one else makes a comparable product so thats that. Just unrealistic expectations on my part.

Photoshop CS3 only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found this Adobe page which still (for now) has CS3 downloads including Mac Photoshop so that's a start:

Download CS3 products

Now, if you registered Adobe should have a record of your serial number - info on that page. Remember you need to use the Adobe ID in use AT THAT TIME.

If it's not there but you think you did register one more thing to try; ask Adobe again if they can look up your CS3 Photoshop serial number; just that. If you include any other request, comment or criticism you just give them an excuse to say it isn't supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They should be paying you for this... Many thanks for the solid solution, advice and patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines