• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print out problems

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since getting my pc fixed, whenever I try and print an image out I am not allowed the option to print higher than 360dpi, can anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robertm43161311 wrote:

Since getting my pc fixed, whenever I try and print an image out I am not allowed the option to print higher than 360dpi, can anyone help please?

dpi=dots per inch. This is determined by the printer.

ppi=pixels per inch. This variable can be tweaked in Photoshop Elements with resampling.

Before we go further, please confirm that you are referencing dpi.

Also, what is the problem with the prints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Hatstead, thanks for reply.

Yes it's dpi. Pre PC breaking down, whenever I printed out images, I had the option to change the quality of the images (from 360 dpi up to 720dpi) but now I only get the former. Any advice as to what I could do ? robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robertm43161311 wrote:

hi Hatstead, thanks for reply.

Yes it's dpi. Pre PC breaking down, whenever I printed out images, I had the option to change the quality of the images (from 360 dpi up to 720dpi) but now I only get the former. Any advice as to what I could do ? robert

I wonder if you have the same print driver after the shop worked on your computer.

This function should be available to you in Printer Preferences. For my Epson printer, I can alter qualitative settings, but not on a dpi scale.

Check on this path in Editor:

File>Print. In the dialog that comes up, go to More Options (bottom left)>Color Management tab>Printer Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will look into that,many thanks. I too have an Epson printer,in the past it would allow me (when about to print) to alter the DPI but that option doesn't come up now. I am now wondering if it's because the computer repair shop also installed Windows 10,and after doing some research it seems that,that can be problematic. Will try what you mentioned,many thanks for your advice,robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hatstead, I managed to fix the settings for printing out. I downloaded some stuff from epson and it's almost fixed it all. However the prints Iam printing off are coming out too dark,after contacting epson and going through several things with them, they reckon the problem is with adobe photoshop. Any suggestions as to how to fix?

robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robertm43161311 wrote:

Hi Hatstead, I managed to fix the settings for printing out. I downloaded some stuff from epson and it's almost fixed it all. However the prints Iam printing off are coming out too dark,after contacting epson and going through several things with them, they reckon the problem is with adobe photoshop. Any suggestions as to how to fix?

robert

Read:

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/why-are-my-prints-too-dark/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back, sadlt that made no difference at all.

Before I handed my pc in to get fixed it was all running fine, but now the prints are far to dark to work from ( I am an artist and use the prints as reference)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back, sadlt that made no difference at all.

Of course, we don't know what you did or attempted to do, except "downloaded some stuff from Epson."

Suggest that you print via Editor, not via Organizer, as the print engines are said not to be identical.

The Epson download probably is an updated driver.

Now, turn down the brightness of the monitor and see if your prints come out ok.

If the problem persists, calibrate your monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for getting back.

Tried turning down the brightness, but had no real change. The strange thing is before I downloaded the updated driver the images werent as sharp, but the colour and brightness were. Epson refuse to take responsibility for it, so not sure what to do. I may calibrate the monitor, but feel it doesn't need it as it was working fine before the new epson driver was installed. Any advice much appreciated,

thanks,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How does the file look on screen?

As an experiment, print one at a kiosk (e.g.CVS) to see if it looks ok via their equipment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines