• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With no keyboard short cut for Create Layers At Composition Start Time I use trim

Contributor ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes want to add a clip at my CTI (Current Time Indicator) rather than at my compositions 0:00. I can enter Preferences ->General and toggle this on and off when I need it. But boyo would it be convenient if there was a key I could hold down while laying my clips on the timeline or duplicating an existing. There isn't is there? I tried with Shift, Ctrl, Alt and in combos. At least I am unable to find it.

Now, I use Alt [ and Alt ] to trim my layers, this is close to the desired effect.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Well, how does this sound to you....

Put the timeline cursor where you want the layer to begin.

Make the layer with the keyboard shortcut.  You should notice that it's highlighted.

Hit the left backet ( [ ) key, which moves the layer's in point to the timeline cursor position.

It's not an all-encompasing keyboard shortcut but it IS just one more keystroke, which ain't all that bad if you ask me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, how does this sound to you....

Put the timeline cursor where you want the layer to begin.

Make the layer with the keyboard shortcut.  You should notice that it's highlighted.

Hit the left backet ( [ ) key, which moves the layer's in point to the timeline cursor position.

It's not an all-encompasing keyboard shortcut but it IS just one more keystroke, which ain't all that bad if you ask me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Dave said, Ctrl/Cmnd + y + enter or click then [ and your done.  As long as you are not currently entering text on a text layer the [ key moves any selected layer's first frame to the CTI. The ] key moves any selected layer to the layer's last frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines