Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to upgrade (import) my Photoshop Elements catalog into Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I changed my computer at the end of December 2017 after a crash. I now use Windows 10 on a PC. I bought Photoshop Elements 15 at the end of December and I was able to get back my whole previous PSE catalog (with the keywords, tags and stars) into my PSE15. Then I bought Lightroom (single app license) yesterday (February 5, 2017).

I try to upgrade my Photoshop Elements catalog into Lightroom but I don't have the "Upgrade from Photoshop Elements Catalog" menu element. I closed Lightroom and opened PSE and then opened again Lightroom. Same issue.

Is there a way for me to be able to integrate my PSE catalog (that took me so long to build with all the keywords, etc.) into Lightroom?

Many thanks in advance.

Serge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Sign out of Lightroom (Help->Sign Out). Then uninstall.

You need the installer file(s). The safest thing to do is to download them again. The link is: Install Photoshop Lightroom ​

From that page, you download and install the Application Installer file, and then you need to download and install the Lightroom 6.8 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Library module, choose File > Upgrade Photoshop Elements Catalog.

See help document below for details.

How to import photos from Photoshop Elements, other Lightroom catalogs, or apps such as iPhoto in Li...

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

The File menu on my Lightroom 6 does not show that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If PSE is installed on this computer, then you'd probably have to un-install and then re-install Lightroom to have that command appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr. Page,

Following your reply... Is there a way for me to find the "setup.exe" file and keeping it aside for installing my Lightroom 6 once I have un-installed it in order to re-install it?

Many thanks in advance!

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to find it in the same place it was previously. Otherwise, use your computer operating system's search feature to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following this thread-

I do not have PSE (never have on WIndows-10  CC2015.8 ) but I do see the menu option-

File > Import a Photoshop Elements Catalog

it does not say "Upgrade........"!

Serge, do you see this menu item?

ScreenShot129.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

wobertc - I don't have that option in the menu. What I have is Import Another Catalog.. (like in the above screen capture), and then the next option is Tethered Capture. As I mentioned in my first post, I have the latest version of Lightroom (that I downloaded yesterday) as well as the latest version of PSE (v. 15).

dj_paige and Nancy - I appreciate your replies very much. Tomorrow (Tuesday), I will try to retrieve the setup.exe for Lightroom in my computer and save it in order to re-install the program after I will have unstalled it.

I thank you all for your assistance and patience. I'll keep you posted

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now I am confused.  The online Adobe 'Help' shows "Upgrade Photoshop Elements Catalog..."

I do not know where my file menu to  "Import...." is coming from!

Sorry if my post#6 is mis-leading.

And other Gurus may know if the "Upgrade...Import..." is only available in the Creative Cloud Version- if I read this extract from 'Help'

"If you have Lightroom, likely as part of the Creative Cloud Photography plan, you can quickly transfer all your photos

from Elements to Lightroom with just a click. In Lightroom, select File > Upgrade Photoshop Elements Catalog.

Information from your Elements catalog; including photo ratings, people tags, and other data; is preserved in

Lightroom."

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wobertc wrote:

And now I am confused. The online Adobe 'Help' shows "Upgrade Photoshop Elements Catalog..."

I do not know where my file menu to "Import...." is coming from!

I'm told that Adobe did change the wording from Upgrade to Import, but it's the same command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me again...

In preparation for the unstallation/reinstallation of my Lightroom as per dj_paige's advice above, I tried to find the Lightroom setup.exe file in my computer. All I could find is the "Lightroom" filename of an application (therefore executable) file with its logo. My question is: if I copy and keep that file before unstalling Lightroom, will I be able to use this file to start the reinstallation after, or will I have to go back to the appropriate Adobe web page to redownload from there? You will gather that I am somewhat worried about not being able to redownload, given that the stuff for the Lightroom standalone version is quite hard to find on the Adobe website. If someone could give me the link, that would be much appreciated. O course, I kept my identification key in a safe place.

Again, many thanks for your great patience!

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out of Lightroom (Help->Sign Out). Then uninstall.

You need the installer file(s). The safest thing to do is to download them again. The link is: Install Photoshop Lightroom ​

From that page, you download and install the Application Installer file, and then you need to download and install the Lightroom 6.8 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Paige, your patience and tenacity are exemplary...

I followed the link you provided, and the process leads me to the download of the Creative Cloud Lightroom version, whereas what I need is the Lightroom standalone version.

Sorry for the trouble.

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are the same download file. When you apply your serial number to Lightroom, it turns into LR 6. How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! Mr. Paige, what a great assistance job you have done for me!

I uninstalled my Lightroom standalone version after signing out. I downloaded the Lightroom CC version. When it opened, it automatically asked me if I wanted to import my whole Photoshop Elements collection/catalog!!! Then I signed out of Lightroom CC and signed in again with my identification key, and then the Lightroom CC version became Lightroom 6 standalone. So everything is allright now.

I am so grateful to you for your great support and patience.

IAlso my sincere thanks to Nancy and wobertc for their support.

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines