• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues signing/clearing valid signatures in DC?

Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can help me with this:

I made a fillable form using Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES Version 8.2, with text fields and two signature fields. Everything works fine in Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, however, not everyone who needs to utilize this form has access to Adobe 9 Pro Extended; they are using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Because this is a daily form, usually with the same or similar information, most of the employees have (for some time now) simply cleared their signatures and saved a new copy with a new signature each day, and unfortunately are not able to do that anymore.

Within Adobe DC, regardless of the validity of the signature, if the signer closes the file and re-opens the signed document he/she cannot clear his/her own signature. Does anyone have a work-around for this? I have tried adding the Digital ID to the Trusted Certificates list, and all that does is verify the signature; there is still no option to clear the signature. Obviously, for security reasons, not just anyone should be able to clear a signature, but the fact that the person who signed the document cannot clear it, from the same computer used to sign the document originally, seems outlandish to me.

Also, we have encountered an issue with the Supervisor not being able to sign after the employee has signed. There are no locking conflicts (I have confirmed this with both the base file and the employee); and it is only with this one employee. The employee is utilizing DC, the supervisor is utilizing Adobe 9. Please advise if you have any potential ways to mitigate this.

If anyone else has had these issues, please let me know how you are working with/around them! It's driving my team crazy.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi caraa12187152

Unfortunately I cant help with any solution but we are also experiencing the same irritating issue. Though you haven't received any response from Adobe, I was wondering if you have had any advice on this issue from elsewhere and have had this issue solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines