• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 8 will not open.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Adobe Premier Elements 8 yesterday and it was working just fine, but not today.

Now when I try opening it it goes through the normal start up procedure until the very last step of opening the project requested onto the screen.  Instead it shrinks down to just a tab on my task bar.  If I click this a few times a small window opens over the task bar showing the project but gives me no way to expand it to fill the screen.

I am running an up to date version of Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1.

My computer has an AMD Athlon II X4 260 Processor and 8 GB of RAM.

I have tried opening a couple different projects both from my desk top and from Windows Explorer.  I have also tried creating a new project.  Windows Explorer shows the new project was created but all these lead to the same problem detailed above.

Any Ideas on how to get PE8 running again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

I found it!

Open Premiere Elements

Go to Task Manager

Right click on Premiere Elements in Task Manager

Hit Maximize

This will open Premiere Elements full screen.  Go to Windows tab and Restore Workspace.  Everything is back to normal.

Not sure what caused the problem but more digging around found references to Windows 7 doing this randomly to other programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's going to be tough to find support for a 7 year old version of the program on a 10 year old operating system.

But one thing worth checking -- Do you have an nVidia graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics built into the mother board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated the graphics driver from the AMD web site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  The problem continues unchanged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try System Restore.

If that doesn't work, as a long shot, try checking for malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found it!

Open Premiere Elements

Go to Task Manager

Right click on Premiere Elements in Task Manager

Hit Maximize

This will open Premiere Elements full screen.  Go to Windows tab and Restore Workspace.  Everything is back to normal.

Not sure what caused the problem but more digging around found references to Windows 7 doing this randomly to other programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've said, it's a very old piece of software on a very old operating. I'm not sure what else to recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines