Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Audio in Presenter 6

Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use Adobe Presenter 6 to publish content to SCORM which we host on an external LMS that we access through our large corporate office (which has firewalls and proxy servers).  We started encountering no audio in the progress bar when we first access the object, if we exit and return back to it, we get the audio.  This is not consistent and it does not happen all the time, even with the same computer.  We are using Adobe Presenter 6, Windows XP, MS Office 2007, and Internet Explorer 8.  Are there any settings in Adobe Presenter, in I.E. or on the web server that could be causing this issue?  We have tried adding the LMS domain to the trusted sites (to lower security to medium or low), deleted browsing history (Temp files and cookies).  We have tried on and off network with the same results.  We have tried hosting the object on a different server with the same results.  It does not appear to happen with a non company computer (personal computer).  We have our IT folks looking into this for the past several weeks but they cannot come up with a solution.  Any suggestions at this point will be welcome one!  Thanks.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Presenter are you using 6.0, 6.1, or 6.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma, Thanks for the quick response.   We are using version 6.2.582

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, It's been a while since using Presenter 6, but I do recall that 6.2 had a ton of bug fixes. And, of course, there are no English release notes for 6.2...

It sounds like it is something related to a configuration in the computers, but it is hard to say. Something about the way the presentation is loaded seems to be going wrong. 

Do you get the same experience on any other web browsers? FF, Chrome?

It may be worth downloading a trial version of Presenter 8 and publishing the same project using that and seeing if you get an improved experience. If it fixes the problem, then it may have been a known issue in Presenter 6 that was resolved in a later release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are beginning to think that it may be some kind of Microsoft or Flash update that is causing the issue.  Since we have hundreds of developed courses in 6, going to a newer version will not help.  We will try, but the issue is so sporadic it is crazy, I mean it does not work on the first try, then it works.   If you try it the following day, it works on first try.  We did try this in FF, but found we needed to have Adobe Shockwave player installed for it to play at all, once we did it played fine.  Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FF and Chrome share a different Flash Player than IE, so it does make sense that you would have to install it with a fresh install of FF. You can always call Support and see if they will even look at Presenter 6.2 stuff... maybe there is some insight or old notes on that version that they can get to. 800-945-9120

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue.I produced a Scorm content with Presenter.
I uploaded into the LMS and there is no Audio under the slideshow.

I made the PPT file as autoplay(not necesserly to click because of tablet).

I dont know how can i overcome this.

THank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources