Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activating LR 6 Upgrade - No Serial Number

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Recently bought a new computer and found that to license my re-downloaded version of LR 6, originally purchased as an upgrade to LR 4, I need the original serial number from LR 4 on the product box. I have no clue where that box is since I recently moved, and most frustratingly, have a perfectly good version of LR 6 running on my old laptop which I activated when I still had the old product box. Entering the serial number for the new download of LR 6 produces this screen: adobe install screenshot.PNG

Presumably requiring me to present the old code. Am I screwed? Would a transfer of LR 6 on my laptop to this computer be the solution? Please let me know.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

I assumed you were on Windows.

For a Mac, try this folder: Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have Lightroom 4 installed on the old computer? With Windows Explorer, go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Lightroom.

In this folder there will be a file named Lightroom 4.0 Registration.lrreg

Open this file in Notepad, and you should find the serial number. You might be able to find this file even if LR4 has been uninstalled.

The other option would be to log in to your Adobe account.

If you registered LR4, you can find the serial nunber there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The laptop is a MacBook, any idea where I'd be able to find a similar file? Away from the computer at the moment so I can't attempt a fix until later.

Never registered the product so that's not an option unfortunately. Needless to say I'll never not register ever again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lost information - see reply #1 in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2008767

If you do find what you need... write it down and put it in a safe place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed you were on Windows.

For a Mac, try this folder: Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There it is. I was sure had to be buried somewhere. Many thanks all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the link below for help in locating your serial number. If you registered your product the serial numbers can be recovered from your Adobe account.

You should also be able to retrieve the numbers from the OS registry on your Laptop, do a search on the internet.

Find your serial number

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines