• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sudden GPU crash using Trapcode Particular

Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this error all of a sudden using particular. I run a GTX 1060, 6GB on NVIDIA version 376.33 on AE verison 14.0.1.5.

My GPU is even close to 20% usage. Can anyone help?

Unbenannt.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Particular doiesn't use any GPU functions, so this must bne related to some otehr effect. Without any info about your project, nobody can tell you anything, though.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the reason. It is the effect "glow". Once it is added the error shows up. Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIrst things first, update AE. 14.0.1 is not the latest. You want 14.1.0.

If that doesn't help, go into your project settings and turn off the GPU acceleration. (Glow is one of the effects that got GPU-accelerated recently.)

And PLEASE file a bug report, so Adobe can be made aware of the issue. Let them know if you can share files if they need them.

What size is your composition? What settings do you have on the Glow effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You run AE latest version without any problems? The past experience has made me a bit cautious since so many new problems raised after updating. Still, according to the release notes that might solve it:

"After Effects no longer crashes if you apply the Glow effect to a synthetic layer (e.g., solid, shape, text, etc.) and the layer is outside of the comp bounds, if the project is set to use GPU acceleration and is in 8- or 16-bpc mode."

I run a FullHD comp and just the basic effect is applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

14.1.0 was more of a bug-fix update than anything. It's the best version of AE for me. I'd recommend it anyway, but especially as it seems to be fixing the bug you are specifically experiencing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines