• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to read library borrowed e-book on my KOBO.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used to be a walk in the park, right now it's suddenly a nightmare. I'm guessing (?) due to their authorization that seems to defy logic. I got the book from the library into DE (btw - tried both DE versions 3 and 4 and 2 of my home computers). I could read it on a computer screen but cannot read it on my KOBO (which was the whole purpose of borrowing and e-book in the first place). Wasted an awful lot of time on it already. Does anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same trouble over here: some DRM-protected books from the Library work and some simply don't, that is to say: ADE 4 keeps crashing when adding them to the ADE library. I use macOS Sierra, ADE 4, Kobo reader. No matter whatever you try: ADE keeps crashing.

Buggy software, Adobe? Or is DRM-protected ePub a buggy and therefore useless technique, doomed to perish? My opinion: DRM-protected ePub's suck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anybody here from Adobe, who can react/shine a light on the matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! A new version of ADE is available: 4.5. After installing the new version, some DRM-protected ePubs do not cause ADE to crash, can be read in the app AND can be uploaded to a KOBO device! Great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to reach them first - their response was as this is a free software Forum is the only place (not impressed). I personally believe that their authorization process is a problem as I keep getting senseless error messages like "You can only authorize this computer with an Adobe ID that hasn't been previously used to authorize any other computer or mobile device. Please try again". And yet I'm supposed to have one and the same Adobe ID for all my devices...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this message but this forum is not helpful if there is no-one to answer the question!  I am not impressed with customer support but there is no other option for library books

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Cannot read some books from the library.  My theory is that because it DE is free they (Adobe) do not want to "waste" time/services on this problem.  Approximately every couple of months I have this problem.  Spend lots of time trying to correct the situation.  My next move is to contact the library to ask them for assistance in the form of creating another avenue to download their books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I agree and I was going to contact the library as well.  There certainly doesn't seem to be anything else we can do.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines