• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random Shut Down with Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using an imac with 4 GHz intel core i7 processor, 32GB 1867 MHz DDR3 and a AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB it shuts down randomly but only when using photoshop. This happens very randomly with a single file open. First my keyboard, mouse and pen tablet lose connection then after about 10 to 20 seconds of no connection, my computer will shut down and reboot itself. No error messages are loaded when it reboots. The photoshop app is up to date along with the computer software. What could be causing the issue to occur? The likelihood of the shutdown is about 1 out of 5 photoshop uses.

Thank you for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

restart in safe mode to see if there's a program you missed causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences:  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

also, if you have any av, antimalware, anti-adware, suspend them while using ps and see if one of those are causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reset my preferences, also uninstalled and reinstalled the latest photoshop app and am still having the issue. Had the freeze and shutdown happen also with firewall disabled with no virus protection.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, lately this is happening 3 out of 5 photoshop uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart in safe mode to see if there's a program you missed causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving to Photoshop General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines