• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing file format in LR

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to save an edited file as a jpeg within LR itself so I can publish to SmugMug as a jpeg?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

You are trying to export an image from the menu system and that won't work. You can either right-click on the image and choose export, or you can click on the export button in the lower left-hand corner of the library module. That will start the  export dialog and you have all kinds of options that you can set.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is accomplished by exporting a copy of the original file, choosing the format and size that you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I save back into LR? I'm not seeing that option. I want to publish from within LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the options in the export dialog is to add the exported image to the catalog. That will cause  the new copy to be visible and accessible from within Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing "export image to the catalog" Can you pinpoint it for me? All I see is "export as catalog" and it doesn't sound like what I want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its available in the Export dialog. See the screen captureScreen Shot 2017-02-07 at 6.47.45 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate your patience as I work through this. I did what your screenshot shows. Maybe I'm misunderstanding where to find it now. I was looking back in my collections and it is not there. By catalog, where would I find it within the catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I found it. I is in the catalog at the very top of the library. Fortunately it is the first one in the many photos there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help DedGannes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are trying to export an image from the menu system and that won't work. You can either right-click on the image and choose export, or you can click on the export button in the lower left-hand corner of the library module. That will start the  export dialog and you have all kinds of options that you can set.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help JimHess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do see within the export option a box to check that says "add this to catalog". Is that what you are referring to?

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 4.44.18 PM.png

I checked it just before I took the screenshot so it was not there before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines