• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Samsung 960 - From poor to rich! What now...

Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the conversation about a month ago I here regards 960 SSDs I was starting to think I may not get one in time for my build sometime this month and the 'in stock' messages kept changing a B&H so I order one of each, figuring I'd cancel when the first once came in. Last week I got an email that the order had shipped, so now I have two.

Any suggestions. I was probably going to go with an 850 for boot, but I could also keep both of these and use it with an Asus x99 Deluxe II as it comes with the extra pcie card. Or I can send one of these drives back, etc.

20170206_162211.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use one for scratch . i have an angle wings for mine . helps thermal throttle .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by angle wings to help thermal throttle? What temps are critical?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not know what it takes to achieve thermal throttling but with my M.2 trio of devices I have written to my 960 Pro M.2 SSD at  almost 2000 MB/second from my second 960 Pro M.2 and seen no sign of any throttling. Now I do have a small air flow in that area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines