• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign objects cannot be moved

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is more of a recent issue, all items within a document essentially lock up. Not like Object > Lock but you click on say a text box and try to click and drag it somewhere else and it doesn't budge. Now all the objects can be moved by clicking and using the arrow keys, but that takes forever and is ridiculous.  The only thing that seems to refresh the document, allowing me to work again is to restart my computer.

I've trashed my preferences via going through the finder as well as the OPT + CMD + CTRL + SHIFT from the dock option to no avail.

Seems like I've had a similar issue in the past but with Illustrator and it ended up being a chrome extension I had installed that was causing the errors.

Is anyone else having any issues like this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have exactly the same issue. Aside from the program periodically crashing, Im finding many problems with this version.

Can't blame my computer as its a new highly specced machine with very few applications installed.

Let me know if you've found a fix to this issue? Did you do anything to resolve it or did it just "snap out of it"? or did you reinstall.

Hope you rectified the problem in any case.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

event viewer.png

• Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
  • Error snapshot or video recording of the issue.
  • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us?
  • Does trashing InDesign Preferences(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html) help resolve the issue? Please take a backup of the same before trashing them.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines