• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying Illustrator image to Photoshop - pixelation problem

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to copy a logo from Illustrator to Photoshop. When I do this the logo comes out pixelated in Photoshop. I've copied it as a smart object and made sure to click all anti-alias checkboxes. I've been searching forums and nobody seems to have an answer for the problem! I've tried enlarging the resolution of my Photoshop canvas but that didn't help either. What am I missing??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the pixel size of the Photoshop file you are pasting into? Did you enlarge Photoshop canvas before or after pasting the Illustrator file? Did you paste the file as a smart object? Can you share a screen capture of what you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And please take the screenshot of Photoshop at View > 100%.

In Photoshop Vector Smart Objects output as pixels, if you want vector output that would have to be done with Shape Layers/Type Layers. But then Photoshop would still display the open document at its resolution even though a pdf saved off of the file would contain vector data.

And if the Illustrator data contains pixel effects the resolution of those is determined by Effect > Document Raster Effect Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines