• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player for Video Sharing ( for use with Blujeans Video Conferencing)

Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Windows 7 Systems currently have flash version 24,0,0,194 installed.  We use a desktop video conferencing service called BlueJeans.  In the app you can play video to all on the call.  The first time you try to play or view a video through the call you are prompted to install flash.  The version of Flash that Bluejeans states we need is called Flash Player for video sharing.  The links they have to the software can be viewed at this link on the BlueJeans Support Site

I am trying to install the version for Windows 7 which is listed as flashplayer22_ra_install_win7.exe   This appears to be a bootstrapper file that connects to adobe and downloads the player to install however the process fails within seconds of install.  I want to find out more about this player if anyone has used it before.  I am also looking for the actual install file and not the bootstrapper file since I need to install this on many PCs and Can't find it anywhere.

Can someone assist?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's failing because BlueJeans support has an old, out-dated version of the Flash Player online (bootstraper) installer.  There is no such thing as 'Flash Player for video sharing' it's simply Flash Player.  If you need to install Flash Player on multiple systems in your organization, you'll need to obtain a distribution license (most use cases are free).  To do so, please go to Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe to submit the request for the distribution license.  You'll then receive an email with the link to the distribution page to download the full (non-bootstrapper) installers that you can deploy within your organization.  Most requests are processed fairly quickly, but can take up to 2-3 days for you to receive the email.  If yo don't receive the email within that time-frame, private message me the email address used to to request the distribution license and I'll follow-up with the licensing team.  To send a private message, click on my user-name link and then on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, please include a link to this discussion topic.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Maria for the super fast reply.  That makes total sense now.  What is confusing me now is that we are running Flash version 24,0,0,194 on all of our systems and when I go to use the Bluejeans share video option I get a flash box that states I have to have flash version 12 or higher.  Ill take this up with Bluejeans unless you have any other ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash version 24.0.0.194 is currently the latest version.  Based on the files BlueJeans has on their website, they require Flash Player NPAPI plugin for Firefox and Safari.  Is this the Flash Player plugin you have installed?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are not using Firefox or Safari at all.  All of our PCs have Chrome and IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following on one of your systems:

1. Using any browser, go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions
  2. In the first step, select the operating system
  3. In the second step, select 'FP 24 for Firefox - NPAPI' (this is the bootstrapper installer)
    1. Note there are third party offers on this page
  4. Click 'Download Now' to download the installer
  5. Launch the downloaded installer and follow on-screen prompts to install Flash Player
  6. After installation completes launch BlueJeans desktop video conferencing service and play video
  7. Since the NPAPI plugin was installed the video should play.

Does the video play?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck with the install, because its the bootstrappe I am getting an application error when it tries to install.  Do you have just the NPAPI plugin standalone install rather than the bootstrap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The bootstrap installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer should work on Windows 7. This is the latest version, not the older version BlueJeans has posted on their site.  What is the exact error being returned?  I'd like to review the log files to find out why it's failing.  Can you please upload the following log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send:

• Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
  • The FlashInstall.log file save at .C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash.  If this is a 64-bit OS, the FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash is also required.

Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document

The offline installer is posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier ​ page in the 'Still having problems' section.  As a reminder, while this is the full installer, you would still need to license Flash Player for distribution within your organization, if you haven't done so already.

--
Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines