Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

100% RAM usage and computer freezing when importing ~250MB MOV

Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been angering me for the past week or so. I open AE, drag a ~250 Megabyte QuickTime file into my project panel and WHAM! My RAM Usage immediately shoots up to 100%. First, AE stops responding, then by mouse cursor freezes in place, then my entire computer is locked up. I've tried exiting out of AE with the task manager, but I'm always too late to click the "End Task" button. I'm forced to unplug my computer from the back (and I've had to do so 3 times). I have no idea how to fix this. Can someone please help?

Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU runing at 3.4 GHz with build-in Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400.

Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive. No SSD

No, I don't have a GPU. I know, I know... Somehow I can still edit and composite things in AE With the i3.

And response is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed the problem. When I rendered my QuickTime file in h.264 in C4D, something got messed up. I exported the movie again with QuickTime Player and now everything seems to be working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines