Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E Stream Error

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Adobe digital Editions is telling me "Error getting license. License Server Communication Problem: E_STREAM_ERROR when I try to download an epub or pdf file that I have purchased from google play. I have previously downloaded these files with no problems.

Any help appreciated.  I am not very technologically wise...

Regards,

Jess

TOPICS
Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same happened to me. Once I tried to add the ebook to the library, again, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I've tried a few times but I'll keep trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The streaming error has occurred due to a major upgrade in the internet regarding "secure communications". In the past Adobe allowed a person's email to act as the "user name" however the full email address was dropped after the "@" sign was typed. New security protocols imposed starting Feb, 2017 require the full email address to be used for the "user name". Delete all ascm files, clean your cookies and generally clean house. Go to the Help option in Digital Editions and "deauthorize" your compouter. Download a new file from the adobe content server and use Digital Editions to open the file. Since your computer is not authorized the program will ask you to perform another authorization. Examine your User Name and type in your full email address and then the Pass Word for your Adobe Account (you remember your P/W don't you?). With your full email address, Adobe will be able to provide a revised security certificate and the download will proceed as before. I learned about this problem with new security certificates when my own email system refused to work. I had to reenter all of my User Name accounts in various places in order to get everything working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. It didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, could you solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uninstalled Adobe Digital Editions, downloaded the program again from Adobe.com, and installed the program again.  On the second try to download a 14-day PDF file, it worked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines