• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please uninstall and reinstall the product

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was working on Windows 10 but recently after the last update I started getting this message. I've done what it says about four times now and the same result occurs.

adobe-xd-error.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, StephenJohnston-

We've seen two issues result in the prompt to reinstall. The first is this one: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/kb/adobe-xd-prompts-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-the-product....

The second has to do with having a space or period in the user folder: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/17903557 If this one affects you, you should upvote in UserVoice to get an Email when we deploy a fix - we're working on one now. Please let us know which one affects you!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up, we just released a new version of XD for Windows that resolves the latter issue.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but still not working as is.

Then I switched my language preferences that were set to french back in english and now it's working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Patrice,

could you give us more information about settings when XD wasn't launching even after installing update? Do you remember what Language options were set and then changed to English to get XD to work? Was it Windows language settings, or Creative Cloud application settings?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was Creative Cloud Language settings set to french where uninstall/install wasn't working.
I just switch them to english (North America) and now it's working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrice,

was it installing/uninstalling not working, or XD was installed but was showing error asking to reinstall on start up? (both cases should be working, just trying to reproduce this so we can fix it)

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was not working at all (blank canvas) so I tried to uninstall and reinstall and I was getting the same error page posted by StephenJohnston 6 févr. 2017 14:27

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is still present.

2755e0bc99ae99cdf92c759f7939f7c2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Edit, this issue is only present when I update my XD to the latest version, any previous versions work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to uninstall and download version 0.6.14.2 which has successfully started working on my Win10 box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines