• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to create a Booklet - But can't find my way

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I have spent three days researching this, but haven't found satisfying solutions. I get part of my needs met, but not all at the same time.

So here's the story-

I am creating a publication which will be saddle stapled of 120 pages A5.

I don't care what it looks like when I am editing it, but I need to do the following:

1) Export as a PDF with each page in sequential order

2) Export as a PDF for printing with facing pages AND page numbers on the outside of their respective pages.

The page numbers are driving me nuts, and the more I read I get more confused (This is CS6 PC)

Could someone share step by step instructions for

a) setting up the document

b) Exporting in each of the individual PDF formats above.

Thanks -- I am doing this to help a local university that lost their print department due to budget cuts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you started this project yet? Did you inherit an existing document? Is this your first print project or any project using InDesign? helpx.adobe.com/indesign has several tutorials to get you started if this is your first project.

I don't understand what you mean by:

I don't care what it looks like when I am editing it... ?

...page numbers on the outside of their respective pages ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- I have done 30-40 projects in indesign but always whole pages.... Spent 5-6 hrs on it and cant get a document that I can both print for web and print for production -- and the page numbering is really frustrating me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign has a bit of a learning curve. It's unreasonable to expect to be able to produce a 120 page document for print and pdf without understanding how to set up the document from the start. Therefore I would recommend you check this out: How to design and lay out a book in InDesign | Creative Bloqhttps://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/printing-booklets.html

To learn more about adding  page numbers to documents I can point you here: Add page numbering to your pages in Adobe InDesign.

For more about Page numbering and printing 2-page up, saddle-stitched: Create printer spreads for booklet printing in Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look at the File > Print Booklet dialog box? What part of it didn't work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandee!

When I go to print (and I am printing to PDF by the way), the page numbers are all on the left side of the respective pages instead of mirrored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you put your page numbers only on the left side of a non-facing page master.

Is there some way you could post the document for someone to download and examine.

Meanwhile, it’s a little cumbersome to create the booklet as you need to print to a PostScript file and then use Distiller to make the imposed (booklet) PDF. You’d be MUCH, (emphasis MUCH) better off using something called Imposition Wizard to impose the “booklet” from the PDF you export.

https://pressnostress.com/iwacrobat/ <https://pressnostress.com/iwacrobat/>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or…if this must be printed, export a PDF properly and then use the booklet feature in Acrobat to print it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines