• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add the same text into multiple text frames?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make some product labels, so i have so i setup 1 text frame with the text i want, and what i do now, is then Copy/Paste that text frame in X times in the same document and print.
What i want to do is to have 1 "master text frame" and X text frames that auto clone what i type in that master text frame, so i dont have to copy/paste a million times, but is that possible in Indesign ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

You just need to add the text frame to the content collector and then switch to content place mode > Make sure that it keeps the content in the conveyor with the place multiple feature in the example below and then make sure that the layers are linked.

As soon as you make changes to the primary content frame - all the other frames will display a yellow triangle error showing that their links are not up to date. If you go to the links section of InDesign and double click on this yellow triangle it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is possible.

If I remember correctly the best suggestion I read somewhere was to use the Content Collector tool and the Conveyor Belt to link the two (or more) text boxes together.

Unfortunately, this isn't available in past versions of InDesign so you must have either CC versions or at least CS6 to use this method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to add the text frame to the content collector and then switch to content place mode > Make sure that it keeps the content in the conveyor with the place multiple feature in the example below and then make sure that the layers are linked.

As soon as you make changes to the primary content frame - all the other frames will display a yellow triangle error showing that their links are not up to date. If you go to the links section of InDesign and double click on this yellow triangle it will update all the other frames.

See this example here:

test4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleted - wrong thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines