• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Printing Light

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a 27" iMac running Yosemite 10.10.5 and it is calibrated regularly.  I print through Lightroom CC with 3 Epson printers:  3880, 9900 and a new P800.  Everything has been working great, but recently my prints began coming out too light/low contrast on all 3 printers.  I also tried printing through Photoshop CC and got the same result.  I've cleaned the heads on all 3 printers and that didn't change anything.  I spoke with the Epson Tech folks and after trying a few things, they suggested that it's a software issue and I have to say, after addressing any hardware issues, that I agree.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  Help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Thanks Hal.  Yes, I thought of the monitor being set too dark, so I recalibrated then printed again with the same result.  I recalibrated a couple of times at different settings and that didn't make a difference either.

I'll try printing an older file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you check the obvious first: Is color being managed by LR?  Do you have the correct ICC profile for the printer/paper combination and do you have the correct media type selected in the LR print dialog AND in the printer dialog?

Screenshot 2017-02-07 22.40.38.png

Screenshot 2017-02-07 22.40.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joe.  First, I must have hit a 'Correct Answer' button accidentally....it is not correct.  Yes, those are the obvious and I'm good on all of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lhpviking wrote:

...I also tried printing through Photoshop CC and got the same result.

Have you tried printing through any other application such as Apple Preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joe.  I haven't tried printing through Preview; I've used it only for printing PDF files and simple print jobs.  I'll give it a try, but the options are limited....I don't see an option to choose an icc profile or fine art paper, only matte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A possible cause of printing too light is having your monitor set too dark. Evidently a good setting is a little over 100 cd/m2.

Also, you say the problem has just started happening. Do you have an older file that printed OK in the past? Could you try printing it again?

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Hal.  Yes, I thought of the monitor being set too dark, so I recalibrated then printed again with the same result.  I recalibrated a couple of times at different settings and that didn't make a difference either.

I'll try printing an older file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines