Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the same color looks different on different pages

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an image, a blue sky with some transparent (80%) white rectangles on it. This layout repeats itself on 4 pages. And on all 4 the color display is different. It is the same image, the same profiles, all the same. But it looks different. The first image is very bright and the 2 and 3rd much paler. Now I see that the attached images look almost the same, but in my document the difference is really big. In print looks also different.

I'll be very grateful, when you can help me.

Thanx

image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide an X4-pdf (with texts and other elements that are not pertinent to the issue removed) for comparison?

As the image seems to feature a gradient the visible image sections can make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm not sure what you mean by "the visibile image sections", but here are some details from a X4-pdf...it looks the same as in my document.... I still couldn't find any solution...

img1.JPG img2.JPG img3.JPG img4.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant an actual pdf, not screenshots.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the visibile image sections",

Are the transparent elements set against regions of the same hue, brightness etc. of the image?

The screenshots in the original post seem to show that the pages displayeat least partially different parts of the background image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, they are not all set against the same regions. But the lower one are...and on the first page are bright and on the second are much darker...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe the background is the problem...and the position of the elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to, but how do I share a pdf here?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You post the PDF of a cloud service like Dropbox, then provide us a link to it. (Dropbox is free under a certain storage requirement.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, yes, I didn't think abt that...

here is the link:

Dropbox - Flyer.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pdf is declared X4 but it shows the characteristics of having had transparency flattened.

In any case the background on page 4 at least has a different clipping.

I cannot tell a significant difference it the effect of the white transparent object, the the result on the upper/darker parts appears darker than on the lower/lighter ones is as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything has been flattened and the PDF does not pass PDF/X-4 preflight.

The background sky art and other images are all sRGB so even thought there is a very slight difference in the background blends' output numbers it looks like the color difference is built into the art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that your background image position and the gradient appear different in each page. Try removing the background and gradient and placing it on a master page and see if the issue repeats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get a match if you turn on Overprint Preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...it looks the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any significant differences in your screen captures. Have you checked the PDF/X-4's output numbers in AcrobatPro's Output Preview panel? Is the background blue gradient positioned and scaled the same on all of the pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The background is a picture and yes, it is scaled and positioned the same on all pages.

I have to check the pdf output numbers....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hm, this might be, but also in print looks different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some monitors can vary in color from side to side and top to bottom. Try displaying two pages in Acrobat and moving them around your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your answers. I changed the color modus to cmyk in photoshop first and back to Indesign, it looked everything much better....

i have to try also placing them on a master page, to see what happens..

Thx a lot again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines