• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Layer Help

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for a little help with character setup.  I have this character with a chain attached to the glasses that I want to apply a dangle modifier to.  The chain is a sublayer of the head (in front of hair), and is supposed to go behind the shoulders of the character (right now each chain section ends at the shoulders).  I can't find a way to make this work, since the head layer is stacked above the body/neck layers, but the chain needs to go behind the shoulders.  It is entirely possible that the solution is right in front of me, but I've been staring at it too long to recognize it.

Thanks,

Pat

Olga.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Since the chain needs to be simultaneously in front and behind the head, there's not really an easy place to put it. The only way would be to put the body in front of the head, but I don't see an easy way to do that with the neck/collar setup of your character (it's easier if a character's neck is hidden, for example).

If the chains somehow could start behind the head instead of in front, then you could essentially do the same as what we showed off with adding a background hair layer here:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the chain needs to be simultaneously in front and behind the head, there's not really an easy place to put it. The only way would be to put the body in front of the head, but I don't see an easy way to do that with the neck/collar setup of your character (it's easier if a character's neck is hidden, for example).

If the chains somehow could start behind the head instead of in front, then you could essentially do the same as what we showed off with adding a background hair layer here:

There's definitely some hacky way to do it, but it would probably take some experimentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your help.  I moved the chain layer behind the head.  A small compromise with the artwork, but it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines