• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Exporting to PDF... Some Images Disappear

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched forums and elsewhere with no luck on this issue.  I am exporting to PDF from InDesign CS 5.5 and some images are missing.  Images are linked correctly and the problem also happens when I now export older files which exported perfectly fine before. 

I have tried removing and replacing images with no success.

Problem was not occuring before Christmas but started the day I returned from vacation on Jan. 3.  No new software has been added.

For a few weeks I have been getting the following error when closing... have been ignoring it...  The instruction at 0x00978b83 reference memory at 0x0b159f40.  The memory could not be "read"

Any thoughts appreciated!  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS? Are you patched to 7.5.2?

The first thing to try is: Replace Your Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patched to 7.5.2 and have replaced the preferences... problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it was a long shot. Do you run Suitcase? If so, have you updated it recently? There was a problem with Suitcase and  links a month or so ago, but I don't recall if it was in PDFs. Might have been link modification dates.

What sort of images are we talking about? Did you make the layouts, or did they come from outside? OPI comments can casue this, and files from Quark users often have them -- they are on by defualt in Q.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, don't run Suitcase.  Images could be tifs, jpgs, etc., not all, just some.  I made the layouts and up until yesterday it all worked fine.  Not using Quark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a System Restore or a Time Machine restore to day before yesterday (you didn't answer the OS question).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP is the OS.  have not tried the system restore.  Hoping not to. 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'd do it sooner rather than later. It's not all that reliable on XP to begin with.

A restore is a lot less painful than a reinstall, and I'm thinking you might be headed in that direction...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will give it a try and report back.  thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System restore made no difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you package and post one of these ID files on a sever someplace, along with the PDF made from it, and either post a link here (sharing with the world whcih you might not want to do, but you might get a faster response and you get more eyes), or send me a Private Message with the link, and I'll try to take a look later today and see if I can figure out what's going on, if the problem is reproducible here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround: did you try printing to PostScript and use Distiller to convert to PDF? Just to see, if the problem is going away…

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laubender, just tried that with the same result.  thanks for the suggestion though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you package the file and post it somewhere? I think we’re really going to need to see it at this point.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my employer does not allow zipped files to be emailed and the cms rips apart zipped files so I do not know how I could put it on the server for people to see--I tried and it did not work.  I have sent the files to Peter Spier privately through yousendit and am willing to do that with others if they want to private message me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Peter can’t find what’s up nobody can.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way to put me on the spot, there, Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me waht is missing when you view the PDFs you sent? On my system, everything seems to be there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, on the SWCOS file, the full-page image on the first page was gone, just a gray box under the blue box with text and some of the images on the other pages were displayed as gray boxes.

On the jacobson file, the full page background image of tan/red/black stripes was gone, as were two large graphics that if they are appearing on your end are the large white and green things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All there when viewed here. Are you viewing in Acrobat or Reader, or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X Pro which is fully up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have another machine in your office that you can try? I have a feeling it's Acrobat that's messed up in some way, though not sure where to look. Deleting the Acrobat prefs might help. Bad news is I have no clue how to do that -- never needed to before, and I don't see anything in my user profile that seems like a prefs file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emailed it to my tablet and looks like it should!  Must be an Acrobat issue then for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went and repaired the installation of Acrobat X Pro since I saw that it was an option but no change in result when new PDF created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Acrobat, and try to remove any traces left behind (I hesitate to tell you to run the clean script because I think it will take out other stuff that's working, too), then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines