• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 Mouse Wheel Zoom much too sensitive

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'am using the latest drivers and software for my Logitec MX Mouse and have problems with the shift-click zoom.

As you know, you can zoom continously with the moue-wheel, which works fine for me. But most of the time I like to zoom in instances while holding shift (25%, 50%, 100% and so on). When I try this the Zoom jumps from 25% to 700% by only slighty touching the wheel.

I tried to change the lines settings in Windows but it doesnt help.

Is anyone experiences the same behaviour or has a solution for this?

(And yes, I know I can do this with shortcuts, but I want to use the wheel, because its faster and more intuitive)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you adjusted the settings of the mouse with the Logitech application?

You should be able to make application-specific adjustments to the mouse etc.

[EDIT] I have also noticed that my Logitech mouse can behave erratically when I have stopped using Photoshop/Illustrator for a minute and used my internet browser to load a web page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, I blame Logitech's software - I suspect it's something to do with their smooth scrolling feature as this constantly happens if I leave adobe - load a new web page and come back...Everything works but the scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the suspicion, that the logitec software is to blame, because without the setpoint drivers the shift-zooming works fine.

The only settings Logitec gives you regarding the wheel is "enable smooth scrolling" and "scroll X lines" and both doesn't change anything with the zoomin problem.

I guess I have to relinquish additional mouse options and uninstall all logitec software for now to use windows on-board drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it is possible to raise this with Adobe and Logitech and see if they have any more concrete solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahahaha, that's a good one 🙂

And next Adobe will hear out customer feedback, fix bugs and stop pumping out half finished releases.

For example: I reported the bug 2 years ago, where you can't shift-duplicate a layer group right on top of itself, you always have to move it of group ahead in the hirarchy. Guess what, it's still there.

Adobe is getting worse with every Version since the introduction of the "CATASTROPHIC CLOUD"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eh..... Sorry, but everyone has been moaning about Cloud "technology" ever since the marketing/sales model was released....

We could do the same sort of moaning about Microsoft, or Apple - both of which have made neat little ways to make sure you are literally a customer forever

With regards to the bug - I never noticed that or found it an issue but sadly I can see - from asking our company IT guy for changes why some of my stuff always ends at the bottom of the heap.

If anything we should blame those people who are just too greedy and tell the poor underlings beneath them to release updates/products/designs before they are ready.

A classic example would be the apple iPhone in a blender....

Anyway it's surely got to be better than not mentioning it at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the concept of cloud systems and I don't blame the programmers, it's the managment. I am pretty sure, a programmer would never come to the Idea, that Illustrator should be more touch friendly.

I just pointed to it, because since Adobe introduced it the cloud, they purely foccusing on that on cost of all basic features.

I guarantee you, that in the next years they will add social interactions inside Photoshop, like workgroup chats, comments, emoticons and so on.

Adobe really needs some real competition. I hope Affinity can do that soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines