• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

character control panel

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my InDesign CC to (2017). When I did my character control panel changed. There are items missing that were there before (ie span columns, lock to baseline, hyphenate etc.). How do I get it back to orginal. I tried the customize control panel but it only allows me to add or take off, not really customize. Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.04.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-06 at 7.46.27 AM.png

The bottom image is what I want to get back to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

This is a new feature added into 2017 . Its been customized . Click on the gear symbol on right and enable the options that you want .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new feature added into 2017 . Its been customized . Click on the gear symbol on right and enable the options that you want .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In a late version of CC 2015 (also found in CC 2017), they changed the interface to make icons larger and space them out more. The intent was to help an increasing number of people who have high resolution monitors. The icons and text were becoming too small and hard to read.

The side effect is that you can view less items on the Control Panel (it's not really the Character panel, which is something different).

All you can do is add or take off items with the Customize controls; you can't return the Control panel to the way it was before unless Adobe engineers add an option to make everything smaller again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines