Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder synchronisation

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm often working in Lightroom folders which I'm adding to or adjusting. I find it really frustrating that when I synchronise a folder all new imports are shown in the import box and not the folder into which they have been imported. I have a ton of folders and it can take time to re-find the folder which was previously open. Is there a way of opening newly imported images so they appear in their folder of origin?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

When you import, the photos are now shown in both Previous Import and the desired folder. I don't think there's a way to turn off showing Previous Import when the import process is completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are doing, but it sounds like you have been importing using the COPY option, and so Lightroom thinks the photos are in Folder B (where they got copied into) while there is still a copy in Folder A (where they were before import). Is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DJ, thanks for your reply. I’m using the ADD option, when photographs are imported they appear under 'previous import’ in the Catalogue window. Ideally, I would like to avoid this and have the images showing in the folder from which they imported. The previous import window is just a nuisance. This has bothered me for years and I thought today I would finally make an effort to see if I’m doing something wrong.

Thanks, Cris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import, the photos are now shown in both Previous Import and the desired folder. I don't think there's a way to turn off showing Previous Import when the import process is completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines