• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

font awesome 4.7 glyphs missing

Participant ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unsure if this is a fontawesome issue or an adobe muse problem.

I had FA 4.3 installed and working fine.  Today at the start of a new project i discovered the availability of FA 4.7 and choose to upgrade;

1. Uninstalled 4.3 from mac system (font book)

2. Uninstalled 4.3 from muse webfonts manager

3. Installed 4.7 into mac system

4. Installed 4.7 into muse webfonts manager

5. Rebooted both Muse and Mac

Only now when I use FA in muse via the glyph panel, I see no previews (nor do they render in my designs)  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Font-Awesome 4.7.0

Adobe Muse CC 2017

macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still facing this issue, and is this the only font that is causing this problem?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran,

As far as I can tell I'm only facing this with this font (Font-Awesome 4.7.0), but then again I only use one other so it's hard to tell.

I did contact the font owner (and it's a very popular font), and they seem to report everything normal on their end 😞

missing glyphs in adobe muse... · Issue #10433 · FortAwesome/Font-Awesome · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got this document on using font awesome in Muse - How To Use Font Awesome In Muse 

Try the solution and let us know if it works.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ankushr40215001,

I am having the same frustrating issue. FontAwesome is invaluable to us. It used to work fine, but we cannot access the whole character set now when self hosting the font.

It used to work in Muse to self host the font and simply select the character, chose the glyph you wanted out of the glyph panel and adjust the characteristics like fantasize, color etc. all in line without the hoop jumping code that the document you have provided instructs. Now when I open the same Muse files, the glyphs are not all available. I have characters that I had selected in the past that show up on design mode not as a rectangle (meaning that the glyph is not available) but when I publish, the glyph shows as normal in the browser.

I encourage the Muse team to download FontAwesome and self host the font and compare the character set on the glyph panel to the actual character set in the font. Hopefully then you can understand what we are dealing with here. As I said before, we used to be able to access all of the character set several versions back in muse, but I have since upgraded and cannot tell when it broke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David for verifying that I'm not crazy.  Using font awesome used to be super easy and seamless in Muse, and now the complete opposite 😞  Who ever heard of using custom scripts to embed font characters in muse, rather archaic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any problems with Font Awesome. So I think it is a local problem for some users. For example, update Font Awesome (reinstall the latest version).

But, useing Font Awesome as selfhosted font - bad idea. If you need one or two icons, for that you upload to the destination site all huge font. This is bad for page load speed. Therefore, the best practice to use this font, that,  about which told

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Pavel, you do make a good point for normal usage, but the sites that I am self hosting font awesome from do not use 1 or 2 symbols, they use probably 12-18 different symbols in over 350 places. As stated, the solution that ankushr40215001​ offered does not allow for inline placement with text, nor does it allow for styling through the text palette.

.svg is aviable alt solution for this, but was not a viable Muse solution when I created these sites 5 years ago (and I am not being payed to retrofit, though I would love a "Find and Replace" that would find text and offer to replace with a svg) nor does Muse allow for styling .svg in app, (which honestly is the smallest of my problems)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree'd. I think the point is flexibility for each individual need, as there are pro's & con's for every approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like Preran to help me understand why he marked a 'work around' as the solution to a problem which still exists?  As DavidLloydImageworks​ and I explained, there are different reasons for taking different approaches, so work arounds don't always solve problems.

Seems like the easy way out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have unmarked the answer as being correct.  Like I said in my reply to your private message, we mark answers as correct to help others with a similar question. As the original poster, you can always reverse our decision.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is it Adobe's official position to only find patches to problems but no real solutions?  This is the second problem I've reported which A) worked in a previously release, and B) was considered 'solved' by a bandaid, not a fix :-((

As a designer with some years of experience I'm upset to see Adobe loosing ground in the industry, but I guess I'm starting to see why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too. This problem only appears on the latest muse version.

try to check my video tutorial here, maybe it will help and work for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem also. I can't upgrade Font Awesome to the 4.7 version. It's very frustrating and needs a fix asap. I have a website I am building that relies on Accessibility and Font Awesome is the answer but Muse doesn't let me upgrade to the current Font Awesome version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might help.

Close Adobe Muse

Open this folder

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.2018.0\Local Store

then rename "fonts.db"

Reopen Adobe Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can anyone help me try the above on a mac?

I can't seem to find reference to com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.2018.0 nor fonts.db, even in library and the .app folder .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines