• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

step by step process to go from CS3 to creative cloud from a Mac OSX 10.8.5?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd really appreciate help with making the transition from CS3 Indesign & photoshop to the creative cloud. I have a Macbook pro operating on OSX 10.8.5, and want to know how to update the OSX to the right product and then to be sure all my older documents can be saved in the transition to the creative cloud.

Which steps to take in the proper order is my main question, and secondly to be sure my older documents can be saved in the transition to the cloud.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much to it really. You sign up then download and install the Cloud apps you require.

Note however the current minimum requirements to run the current versions of Photoshop and InDesign is OS X 10.10.

Photoshop system requirements

System requirements for Adobe InDesign CC for Mac and Windows OS

Only Photoshop CC 2014 and InDesign CC 2014 will run on OS X 10.8. You cannot trial them since earlier versions are not available for trial. Only current versions.

Do you plan on upgrading your operating system or getting a new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're looking to upgrade the Macbook to Yosemite or Mavericks to make it compatible with the cloud requirements. My concern was the reliability of having all the old documents in Indesign and Photoshop be transferrable to the cloud without corruption or compatibility issues. Do you know anything about the compatibility of CS3 docs and the cloud?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My concern was the reliability of having all the old documents in Indesign and Photoshop be transferrable to the cloud without corruption or compatibility issues.

See Can You Open/Use/Export/Save Adobe CC Files on CS6 – and Back? | ProDesignTools

There's usually no issue opening old documents in new versions of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the article. I was having a hard time finding any info on the saving backwards of older docs and formats in the CC. Our next issue is upgrading the OS on the Mac to Yosemite or newer.
Appreciate your help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines