• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set the onclick frame of an animation?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! I am trying to make an animated button in Adobe Animate which will then be used in Adobe Muse. Currently I have a Movie Clip made of the animation that I would like to start when I am hovering over it. I first made a button, where the Up frame is the First frame of the animation. The Over frame is the animation (Movie Clip) and the Down frame is the last frame of the animation. This part of the button works when I see it in the browser. When I hover the animation begins, when I leave the animation it returns back to the first frame. However, the issue I am having is when I click the button. I would like the button to freeze and stop at the last frame. Right now when I click it, it goes to the last frame, but as my mouse finishes the click, it returns back to the Up frame. When I use this is Adobe Muse I would like the Active button to be the last frame as a drop down menu appears.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the event code for the button,  you need to add this code.

Instance name of MovieClip.gotoAndStop(Framenumber here);

If you add your code I can make the adjustment for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you want the normal action of one or more button responses to be suppressed if they immediately follow a mouse click. In that case you'll have to build some hysteresis into your button.

In your down event handler/frame/however you've jury-rigged this together, add this...

this.justClicked = true;

Then in your other event code add this...

if (this.justClicked) {

this.justClicked = false;

}

else {

do whatever you normally do

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would I add this when editing the button? It wont allow me to apply an action to the button/down frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd assumed from the description of your elaborate setup that you were using event handlers on a button to issue control commands to a movieclip. Are you seriously doing all that with just the button state frames and no scripting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have script but it is in the movieclip. The movieclip is then pulled into the over frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines