• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get this visualizer in a template to work?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so I have this template and it consists of a composition and a seperate visualiser composition.

b79e308293.png

When I double click the Visualizer comp I get this, (the layers you see are layers the template maker used to change how the visualizer looked).

ed49f75777.png

As you can see in the first image, I tried sticking the music file into the bar next to the Visualizer layer and got no movement from the visualizer when I previewed it. Tried putting the audio file as a layer in the Visualizer composition itself as well, no luck, the visualizer still does not work.

I will sheepishly admit that I am a newb with After Effects which may help you figure out what I'm doing wrong (It's probably really simple).

So yeah, just trying to get this visualizer to work with this music

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshots but they don't tell us anything at all. Select the layers you are having problems with and then press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties of the layers. Give us a screenshot of the whole interface.

I'm thinking that you either have a very poorly designed template or that you have made a procedural error. If the folks that made the template do not have a good set of instructions then you probably got the template from an amateur. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1d7ae9968d.png

Thank you for your response. I selected the Visualiser layer and pressed U twice. All I got was the Opacity LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to start here to learn how After Effects works: Basic AE

The Visualizer layer is a nested composition. The effect would be in there somewhere. You should look at the flow chart and try and figure out how the project was set up. You need to look for some instructions. Personally I think this is an awful template. There's nothing compelling in the design and IMHO visualizers are 99% boring and do not do anything to enhance the experience of listening to the music.  Sorry for the jaded editorial.

Let us know if you are still lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like the template either, but for consistency purposes, this is the design people want to keep. The template maker made the template because he wanted to stop making the videos. I'm helping cause I wanted to help out and have a good computer. I asked him a while back to tell me how to get the Visualizer to work, he said "It's really easy, just replace the temporary file with the music file." I never found whatever file he was talking about.

This is the flow chart for the project. I tried looking at the Effects settings for the Visualiser but there was literally nothing there. I've set up visualisers before so I know how to put the music into the visualizer through Effects Settings but I'm unable to do that here.

1be9dc6d4e.png

e7dcaf9055.png

Going to keep messing around with it on my side. Thank you again for any help you can give.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I got in touch with someone who also used the template and he explained how to get the visualizer to work, so I'm good to go now! (I had to click on the white solid layers in the Visualizer tab and the settings for them were the settings for the visualizer. So I jsut had to put the music in all of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for following up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines