Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcuts on PC not working as in versions prior to CC 2017 | v.14

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sure there is likely a very simple explanation to this, but I am tired of ripping my hair out on it, so any help is most welcome.

Somehow, shortcuts are not working for After Effects. I am right-handed, and all of a sudden, they just stopped working. I tried remapping my keyboard, but that didn't resolve the matter. I reset the keyboard remapping, and did an ENTIRE un-install and re-install of After Effects. For a short time, that did fix things. Then, it stopped working again, for no reason I can see. This also happened to me in the final quarter of 2016, before the latest release/update, so this issue is not confined to just this release.

If I try to use the shortcuts as if I were left-handed, then the same ones I am used to, do work. This is odd, since this is why I tried re-mapping the keyboard, but to no avail --- even though other software acknowledged the change. This problem is really slowing me down, as even the most basic CTRL+ALT to replace a layer (or a LOT of layers), I cannot easily execute. Can anyone help me with why this is going on at all? I have tried clearing the cache, purging memory, all the usual stuff (I'm not a total loss in the computer department), but this is as frustrating to me as it gets.

Win 7, all up-to-date, Creative Cloud 2017 (also, all up-to-date)

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear AJLFX,

Sorry to hear of your trouble with keyboard shortcuts. I see this issue sometimes with non-English installations of After Effects. Could that possibly at the root of your issue?

Please let us know if you solved this issue, or if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines