• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create a master page header with multiple page sizes

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had a problem with this before switching over to InDesign CC, but now cannot seem to solve it.

I have a mobile app mockup and I need to apply a header to every page. The width remains the same for all pages, but the height changes.

Basically I need for there to be an object (its an image frame) that is always 0px from the top, no matter what the height of the page is. I have tried using liquid layout and pinning the object to the top, to no avail.

I have attached screenshots of what I am referring to (I have replaced my header with a red box).

This shows the master page. In the right image, you can see that the object has liquid layout applied (object-based) to be pinned to the top.

But here you can see, when I create a new page and change the size of that page, the header does not remain fixed to the top.

I have looked around and cannot find a solution for this anywhere, please help! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Liquid Rule is applied to the document page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page is set to Object-based. I have tried checking "objects move with page" and unchecking it - neither worked. Here is a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the Page tool to adjust, it should work. I am not sure why the custom page sizing has never played well with AL, but it doesn't. Unless I've just always done it wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean use the page tool to select the object that I want to use for the header? That is how I have done it and it did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the document page whose size you want to change, choose the Page tool (so that the page is selected, not any particular object), then input the size of the page you want in the Control panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LL issue.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, no I understand how to change the size of individual pages. Basically what I did was create an InDesign file with CS6 with a master page used as a header. Within the document I had pages with different sizes, but the header always stayed in the correct place. Now that I have InDesign CC, the header is now in the middle of the page on pages that were larger than the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines