• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

imported image looks grainy

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2008 Aug 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported a Word file that contains an embedded image. The image looks really grainy inside the RoboHelp topic after import. It's recognizable as the same image, and sort of readable, but it looks bad. Is there a way to make it look better by importing it differently, or by changing the Word file before import?

I would include it here but the forum doesn't allow attachments.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 19, 2008 Aug 19, 2008
Thanks a lot for all the help. This is great.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2008 Aug 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has anyone found an answer for the question below? I am having the same problem with pictures from word and would like to find out what is the answer.

Many thanks for assistance.
mosol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format is the image?

Did it get resized during the import?

If either or you want to, you can email me a Word document with an image that is causing problems and I will see if I can identify the cause.

Contact me via my site and include a link to this topic and your username here.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported Mitch's docx file into RH7 and got the same result.

I then saved the docx file as a web page filtered as that gets Word to save the images to a sub-folder to the htm file. The image was saved as a gif. I then ran a simple test to confirm that Word saves images as their original format so Mitch's source image was a gif.

I took a screenshot of the image and saved it as a jpg. That was then inserted into a docx file which then got saved as a web page filtered. That confirmed the image was still recognised by Word as a jpg.

I imported that document into RH and none of the grainy appearance.

So the problem seems to be that the source image was a gif.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks a lot for all the help. This is great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp