• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to set Adobe Digital Editions as default app for .ACSM files in Windows 10

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a librarian and I frequently am providing education, training, and troubleshooting support for eBooks and their related software.

I have twice now been unable to get Windows 10 to set ADE as the default application for .acsm files.

I have tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling ADE 3.0 and 4.5.4. (more than once)
  • set default applications by file type (not given as an option)
  • set default applications by app (it doesn't even show up in the app list)
  • resetting default applications and trying again
  • authorising and deauthorizing (because I was out of ideas)

None of these options work. It's as if Windows doesn't recognise ADE as an app.

I don't expect any help because I saw pretty much the same question on here that Adobe has ignored for months already. But I'm out of ideas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem.

Has no-one responded to your question yet? ADE 4.5.4 Won't Install ~ Unable to Open .acsm file & download .epub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. No solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the identical problem but circumvented the problem as follows After installing ADE I opened it and built the library of books Once all my books are in the library its easy to click on the book I wish to read It opens and here I go Its pretty obvious to me that Windows are deliberately avoding listing the ADE app while the Epub app which appears as default just doesnt work ! Time I junked my Windows PC and switched to Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this same issue. I downloaded an .acsm file from NetGalley, and I can't change default apps to make ADE the default app for the file type. It doesn't even show up as an option, and I don't see the "more apps on this PC" option, either. Just the option to search for apps in the Microsoft Store, and of course they don't have ADE.

I also can't add the .acsm file to my ADE library. It doesn't appear in downloads when I try to add it. It's like ADE isn't even "seeing" the .acsm file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines