• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open in low resolution (Photoshop CC 2017)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro connected to a 32" 4K Display (3860 x 2160). Mac resolution is scaled to Medium (see screenshot attached).

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-27 um 11.28.30.png

When I now create a Photoshop Canvas with the monitor resolution it is scaled and when viewed 100% not 1:1 pixel-wise.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-27 um 11.33.39.png

In CS6 and CC2015 you had the option to select "open app in low res mode" (see screenshot attaced)

PS+Open+in+Low+Res+2.png

This feature seem to be gone now (macOS Sierra 10.12.3 and CC2017).

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-27 um 11.31.19.png

Any ideas how I can get Photoshop CC2017 to display in 1:1 pixel mode without changing my global scale in macOS?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WaveStudios,

Please have a look at this discussion UI Scaling Issue (Photoshop 2015.5) - feature disabled  and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...already read that, the screenshot posted above is from that discussion ... but the option does not exist in CC2017 anymore ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know if you are able to find this option like Fredt does.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop CC 2017 doesn't have that option.
How come Fredt "got it back"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option is now back, I am finally allowed to open Photoshop 2017 in low resolution mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turning in "view in low resolution" from the GET INFO window in MAC retina, corrects the zoom view 100% to be the correct 100% view.

BUT, now fonts are displaying low resolution. what the hell? How do I fix this stupidity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you Get Info on the icon that is in Applications > Photoshop CC [not this one] > Photoshop CC [this one] then the Low resolution option is there NOT on the first Photoshop CC icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines