• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenGL NOT Available. After Effect CC 2017 14.0.1

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effect is not supporting OpenGL. i tries checking box untrusted GPU But it enable CUDA only Nothing about OpenGL.

Screenshot (122).png

System

i5-6300HQ

8gb RAM

Geforce GTX 960M 4gb

Windows 10 pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to After Effects​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of your driver are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia Geforce 378.49

After Effect 14.0.1

i am thinking about buying it(if it works).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an aside: you should consider an update to the latest version of AE (14.1.0).

What are you hoping to happen with OpenGL? AE does not use the GPU for as much as most people think it would. And, what it does use it for isn't all that related to that area in the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it possible to use VRAM for fast preview and rendering ?? i thing with OpenGL i can use fast draft for fast preview. well i am new at this things too much. but i was wondering if i can use my GPU. thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

snyparmar wrote:

is it possible to use VRAM for fast preview and rendering ?? i thing with OpenGL i can use fast draft for fast preview. well i am new at this things too much. but i was wondering if i can use my GPU. thank you !

No. This is what Dave was talking about.

There used to be something kind of like that, but it was very buggy. The first troubleshooting step was always to turn it off. I think the AE team removed that feature in CS4 or CS5 (that is, version 9 or 10 and we are currently on version 14.1). There is no way to use the GPU for your overall preview or rendering. Some effects are GPU-accelerated, but they are unrelated to OpenGL, so they should still work just fine.

I mean, it's odd that that section is greyed out, but it shouldn't impede your use of AE. If it does bug you, you can contact Adobe support and they can try to connect to your machine and troubleshoot, but I wouldn't worry about it if it were me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open GL has not been supported in AE for quite a few versions.  Adobe could never get it to work as hoped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines