• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugin failed to launch: ImporterWindowsMedia.prm

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please tell me why the world I keep getting this error message every time I start up After Effects?

After Effects warning: The following plugins have failed to load. Please reinstall these plugins:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\(Media Core plug-ins)\Common\IMporterWindowsMedia.prm"

This is what I've tried to far.

Tried re-installing the Windows Media Player Official, restarted my PC (Didn't work)

Tried copying the ".PRM" file from Premiere Pro into the After Effects folder (Didn't work)

Tried uninstalling then re-installing After Effects (Didn't work)

Tried copying the ".PRM" file onto my desktop, delete the source file in the folder then put the desktop version back into the folder (Didn't work)

I've exhausted all of my resources and used this forum link as my main source of guidance. HELP!

ImporterWindowsMedia.prm plug-in error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am getting the same error. Any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If uninstalling and reinstalling After Effects doesn't work, I would recommend you contact Adobe support. Odd technical weirdness like this is their forte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Blake H,

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the software? Do you still need assistance with this issue?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines