• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images denied for stock, any recourse or thoughts?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I just started using and uploading images for adobe stock, some of which were denied because they were "underexposed" and "intellectual property refusal" Unfortunately the image that was denied due to exposure was exposed to be a silhouette picture and the others was checked numerous times and no company logos were shown anywhere. Is there no recourse for the image to be reconsidered? Maybe someone can help figure this out?

Thank for any input you all have on the subject.

Jarett

IMG0169-Edit-2.jpgIMG_5580.jpgIMG0164_web.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

The first image doesn't work in my opinion. I see what you were going for here but the composition is off and the shadows blend a bit too much to be an effective sillhouette. In my personal opinion, the rejection was justified.

With the other images did you submit signed model releases? If not, it's likely that's the issue. Even with the masks, I feel these firefighters can be recognized and could definitely recognize themselves. A release would be required for most in my opinion.

To answer your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Stock Contributors​

Hi Jarett,

I would advice you to go through the Reasons for content rejection and Familiarize yourself with these submission guidelines before you begin to submit content to Adobe St...  before resubmitting the images to Adobe Stock.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

Ive thoroughly read the guidelines prior to posting and still have the same questions.  I have hundreds more pictures to upload and before I go through all of the work to do it and tag it, i want to know why these particular files have been denied when they clearly comply with the guidelines. Im just trying to understand so these things dont happen in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its possibly the gear they're wearing and using in general. Even though the focal point is on the people doing the job, the items they're using could be copyright protected and therefore not eligible for sale even if its a photograph. The clear answer is located on the Known Image Restrictions page under General; there is some mentions in other sections but this one is more aligned to what you're asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first image doesn't work in my opinion. I see what you were going for here but the composition is off and the shadows blend a bit too much to be an effective sillhouette. In my personal opinion, the rejection was justified.

With the other images did you submit signed model releases? If not, it's likely that's the issue. Even with the masks, I feel these firefighters can be recognized and could definitely recognize themselves. A release would be required for most in my opinion.

To answer your question, no I'm sorry but there is not an appeals process in place for image rejections at this time.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines