• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom-printed images are grainy, what am I missing? (DNP RX1 printer)

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks! Let me give you the rundown on the issue, starting with the equipment.

I am trying to print images taken by a Canon T6s using a DNP RX1 photo printer. I am going through the latest version of Lightroom.

My issue is that pictures printed through Lightroom have noise/graininess to them. Not the entire image, but it looks like a bad print job. I'm quite sure it's a Lightroom issue because I tried printing direction from my computer using File Explorer (Microsoft Explorer, ctrl-p to print) and the grainy look to the picture is gone.

I've tried all I could think of and looked everywhere I could think of to get an answer but after about 25 printed pictures I've not had any luck.

Under "Print Job" I've tried turning on/off Print Resolution, I've tried all different options for Print Sharpening, I've seleted Gloss paper, for Print Profile I've tried the ICC for my paper/printer, I've tried "managed by printer"...

I've gone to "Page Setup" on the lower left, gone to properties, tried several options under "color adjustment", tried several option for sharpness...

Now I'm at a loss as to what the issue may be. Is there something I may be missing here?

Thank you for any help in advance!

Steven

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of the Print Module showing all your settings in the Right Hand panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshots.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain what you mean by, "not the entire image." Are you saying that only part of the printed image is grainy/noisy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct, only part of the image looks bad. Think about it as bad/cheap print paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines