• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen pressure not working despite all settings being correct.

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, Vis Tablet

Solutions I've tried:

Restarted computer

uninistalled/reinstalled Photoshop

Uninstalled/reinstalled pad driver

Checked settings, all in order

Plugged pad into different USB port

Restarted computer several times.

Pressure was working just last night, but when I got up this morning, it draws at the same opacity and size regardless of my settings.

So to flesh out the problem, photoshop is not recognizing pen pressure when I try to draw with the pad. Shape Dynamics are set to pen pressure, i've selected the options on top to "always use pressure for size". In the pad configuration, the pressure works in its own program to test that it is working, but photoshop does not recognize it. Widows did update last night after I went to bed, but I can't understand why a windows update would make it impossible to use my pen-pad in photoshop...

I've tried searching online for help, but almost no one uses a vis tablet, so I am at a complete loss.

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

The latest version of photoshop use INK API if brush dynamics has yellow triangle try adding the config preference file to your phottoshop preferences to use Wintab Api do a search on using wintab api.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop and which API is the tablet's driver using Wintab or INK?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the latest version of Photoshop, and so far as the API, i am uncertain how to check what it is using in order to answer that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of photoshop use INK API if brush dynamics has yellow triangle try adding the config preference file to your phottoshop preferences to use Wintab Api do a search on using wintab api.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to have done it. This was very helpful, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JJMack wrote:

You've told me something there JJ.  That you might be able to force the WinTab API even with tablets that don't have an option to turn off Windows Ink.  VisTablet is also new to me.  There are certainly a lot of non Wacom options nowadays, and I am frankly a bit surprised this thread has had a happy ending.  Thanks again for the new angle on WinTab tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines