• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

colored lines through my imported photos

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that my photos are importing fine, then when I click on them they will randomly appear with colored lines through them.  This isn't happening when I import the same photos into Nikon's editing software.  I have also tried using a different connector in case the cord had been damaged.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lr are you using? What are your system spec's: Windows/Mac, Video Card? OS? Memory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lizo63276439 wrote:

I have noticed that my photos are importing fine, then when I click on them they will randomly appear with colored lines through them. This isn't happening when I import the same photos into Nikon's editing software. I have also tried using a different connector in case the cord had been damaged.

This is a file corruption caused by a hardware malfunction. It could be anywhere, camera card, card reader or cable/USB port, hard disk or computer memory. You need to try to import again using different hardware, or if possible import to an entirely different computer, to see if you can isolate the piece of hardware causing the problem.

Nikon software will not show the problem because the default view in that software is to show the embedded JPG in the RAW file, which is usually not corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have another computer to import to.

Is there a reason why photos that had imported correctly are now popping up randomly as I go back to re edit them?  That part of it doesn't make sense to me that it is a hardware issue.  If they didn't import correctly because of a cord or card or computer, then why were they fine the first edit, then later I go back and they get lines through them randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain this further. Do you mean you imported them correctly some time ago, and now they appear with the colored streaks? That could be a hard disk going bad or bad computer memory. Or do you mean they look correct initially and then a few seconds later the colored streaks appear? That most likely is a camera card or card reader/cable/USB port problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, both of these things are happening now.  Im not sure how to figure out if its my computer or my camera card at this point. any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of computer are you using? What version of OS are you running? What version of Lightroom are you in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im running lightroom 6.0

and i have a mac os x 10.8.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this line show up on all of the images in your library? Can you post a full screen shot showing an image with the lines through it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, I'm having the same isssues with horizontal lines running through the main image only in Lr version 9.1.

All images are perfectly fine in the film strip. Once i select the image it appears in the main screen with lines through it. If i select the before and after view where it splits the main screen, the before image is perfect but the after view has the lines running through it.

I am using a new cable and hard drive in a differnt USB port. The black thin lines run through the original image distorting it.

The images work perfectly fine in PS and Br.It's just Lr

Many thanks,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import photos from a different camera card.

Import photos using a different card reader/cable/USB Port.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only happens in Develop module? Bad hard disk or bad memory. You need to run diagnostics on each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run the diagnostics on both and all are fine. ill get a screen shot and post it too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Performance, and uncheck Use graphics processor, this should fix the problem.

If your graphics driver is not up to date, update it, and try to turn the GPU back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! Thank you so much for that Per Berntsen. That has made my day! Ill update it asap.

Thanks again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines