• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Covers Other Programs

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm starting Photoshop CC it takes quite a while for it to boot up. If I am trying to use another program or view something in my browser, Photoshop keeps popping into the foreground to cover whatever I'm looking at. I can of course click on the other program icon to bring it to the foreground again, but until PS is done booting, it keeps doing this. It's maddening and interferes with my work.

Is there any way to stop it from happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

It's a known issue, which will hopefully be addressed in the next update.

Photoshop: When launching Photoshop it recurringly takes focus from another application/task (Windows) | Photoshop Famil…

What you could do as a (very) clunky workaround until then, is to minimise Photoshop before exiting to a part screen state like below.  It will remember that when next started, so it will be easy to click on the full screen window behind it.  When fully open, hit the maximise icon.   It's rough and dirt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system and version information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Adobe Photoshop CC 2017

- Windows 10 Home 64-bit

- Intel Celeron N2840 @ 2.16GHz

- 4.00GB DDR3 @ 666MHz

- Acer Aspire ES1-512

- Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)

- Intel HD Graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can do anything to prevent Photoshop "stealing" the window focus whilst starting up. It does that here on Windows 10 - I just start Photoshop at a convenient time and leave it running in the background.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue, which will hopefully be addressed in the next update.

Photoshop: When launching Photoshop it recurringly takes focus from another application/task (Window...

What you could do as a (very) clunky workaround until then, is to minimise Photoshop before exiting to a part screen state like below.  It will remember that when next started, so it will be easy to click on the full screen window behind it.  When fully open, hit the maximise icon.   It's rough and dirty, but the best I can think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"minimise Photoshop before exiting to a part screen state like below.  It will remember that when next started"

Thanks for this suggestion, Trevor. As the program cannot be minimized while starting up, yours seems like the best suggestion for  the time being. I'll put it to use when I'm done working today, and let you know how it went.

Also, good to know the problem is known about and that they're working to resolve it. This morning, PS covered my other windows no less than 9 times before it completed opening. I think your suggestion will make a difference until such time as Adobe fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines