Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Pro

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

The latest Acrobat DC Pro has an excellent feature that enables comparison of two documents, which I have trialled.

However, it does not work if one or both of the documents is password protected.

Document comparison seems very benign.  I propose that Adobe consider updating the software to either:

- make document comparison independent of password protection ; or

- provide an option to disable locking of document protection when documents are protected.

Should this issue be addressed I would definitely purchase Adobe DC Pro!

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately, I think this is unlikely to happen. The problem is that it creates a new document showing the changes, which is not protected. It would be quite wrong for anything in a protected document to be automatically put into an unprotected one. So, a nuisance, but necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback!

I 100% agree that creating an unprotected document from a protected document is not a good outcome.

Then assuming that creation of a new unprotected document is a necessary part of the process, why not have the software automatically re-protect the new document in cases where one or both of the original(s) are protected?

I am new to this forum and I would really like Adobe's feedback on this too and I am not sure how best to have them also respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, but which of the two files should be the model for security? Actually I've never seen a case of a new document modelling the securitry of the old, there may be a technical reason for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines